Saturday, December 04, 2004

Voting open for first edublog awards

The first edublog award voting has opened with Think Thunk nominated in the category "Best technology meets pedagogy blog." Hey, proof that somebody is reading this thing. I'm flattered and humbled.

Although Scott Leslie thinks this sort of thing is not helpful, I think this criticism takes the exercise way too seriously.

I consider the edublog awards more of a community building exercise than anything else. Looking over the nominations has made me aware of a much broader blogging community, and I've discovered some great new writers as a result. I can also tell from the limited statistical tracking I do on this site that I've received many hits here that were referred as a direct result of the nomination. This can't be anything but a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Taking some time to give a little recognition to our favorite writers is not a waste of time. Building a sense of community in our mildly obscure neck of the woods isn't going to hurt anybody.

Vote for Think Thunk if you like. That's great, and I'm certainly grateful for your support. More importantly, use the opportunity to explore the many other fine blogs that were nominated. You won't be sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Eric, congrats on the honorable mention! --Laura

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home